22 September 2007

Christian Musician Summit

This past Friday and Saturday I was fortunate enough to join my fellow "Celebration Artians" at the Christian Musicians Summit at Bayside Church in Roseville, CA (about 1 hour away). It was such an inspirational weekend. There were so many seminars to encourage every person in your worship team...band and vocal members. Bayside is an amazing church that is on the cutting edge of church leadership and technology. They also have the added bonus of having Lincoln Brewster and Jason Scott as their full time worship pastors...AWESOME!!Me & LyndzDAAARRRFFFF!!!
Our fearless leader Dave doing what he loves...
Thinking really, really hard.
Kelli & Mel
A fun little shot from Lyndz.
Twins!
Not really. It's Kim & Michelle!

We went to a yummy place called Daphne's Greek Cafe for dinner. It was sooooo yummy.
Sivje's lovely finger showing us all of her Greek food.

Janette & Lyndz snuggle for a pic.
"Sivje- the- Pirate Parish"
"Lover Lumps"

Sivje's un-recovered rocker husband Don.

He looks nice in his boots.
This conference was amazing. I attended seminars on vocal artistry, leadership and song writing. It was amazing to sit under people like Paul Baloche and Brenton Brown who have written the familiar songs we sing in Sunday morning worship like "Lord Reign in Me" and "All Who Are Thirsty" and to listen to how their songs came into being. Not to mention the worship was ROCKIN'!!!!


4 comments from cool people:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Looks like fun! Your hair is so stylin! It looks good!
That Greek food looks awesome!

The Agarwals said...

What a fun post! I agree with Andrea- your hair looks amazing! So, did it inspire you to start writing songs?

Heather Henderson said...

HA! I wish I could write a song. I don't think I am nearly ADD enough to write songs. Those guys are nuts. I do hope one day that I will be "inspired" enough to write.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm SOOOO glad I learned at the conference not to take myself too seriously, or I might otherwise be offended that "DAAARRRFFFF" is the only thing you could come up with to go under the completely normal-looking picture of me. :) Love you still anyway.... Please note to your friends whom I have not met, that I am the one who took the picture that shows off your cool stylin' hair, and WHAT did I get in return??! :)