02 September 2007

Birthday Preparations

As we mentioned before we are getting a new dog on Caroline's birthday. Remember that carport we had to tear down? Well, it left a huge hole in our fence so Rick and my Dad spent most of Saturday morning repairing it (being careful not to "squash" my squash..and roses...and watermelon etc.....). Caroline took this pic of her Grammy through the fence. I thought it was pretty cute. I think I have a future photographer on my hands. I couldn't be more proud!
This is me in my "poison oak destruction" suit. We had a nasty patch of poison oak in our yard and unless I took care of it Gil the dog would run right through it and bring it in the house. So I went to the hardware store and bought this really attractive suit. It was complete with shoe covers and head cover. I even duct taped my gloves to the suit so that sneaky stuff didn't creep up my sleeve. My Grandmother just informed me that even though I had sprayed it with poison it can still be active (even dead) for 5 years. Yikes! We will see in a couple of days if I end up with lots of itchy bumps.
The final preparation for the party (at least for Saturday) was putting Caroline's first REAL bike together! I am glad we started when we did because as soon as we opened the box we realized we had purchased the wrong size. In our town we don't have a Target or Walmart within 30 miles. So we had to drive all the way back to exchange it. Yikes! Anyway, once we had the right size Rick got to work putting it together. He actually consulted the instruction manual.
I can't believe my girl is getting her first real bike. I am sooo not ready for this!
Today we finish the rest of the yard work. It has been such a busy summer that the yard has been neglected. Now we are trying to cram it all into one weekend! Good thing our good friends Nicole and Steve are coming in. I think we are going to put them right to work. More updates coming soon of Caroline's 4th birthday!

3 comments from cool people:

The Agarwals said...

That suit is so stylin! I think I need to get one just for fun! I love the bike and Rick reading the instructions! ha! I am soo looking forward to birthday party pics... only wish we were there for me to snap a few myself!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

cool bike! and I LOVE that suit! hahaha awesome!!! Looks like a fun past few days! AWesome :)

The Whipple Family: said...

Alright... I'm waiting..... lets see some Birthday Pictures!!!!!