25 September 2007

9 Month Check Up at 11 Months

Today was Jack's 9 month check up. Yes, he is now over 11 months old. Yikes! And for all of you out there, this is my first official blog with my new awesome camera. Yipeee! The process of buying a new camera is such a miracle in itself and worthy of it's own blog.

Jack tipped the scaled at 26 lbs 2 oz. Believe it or not he has lost about a pound since his last check up! With all of the crawling he has been doing, it's no wonder! That actually means that he has dropped down to the 90% for weight and he is 30" long putting him in the 75% for height. The Dr. also noting a small amount of fluid hangin' out in his ears. Bleh.

Today he had to get 3 shots plus a toe poke (or a "Poe Toke" if you ask Caroline). They had to check his blood level for lead. Our house was originally built in the 1870's; it's just a precaution. Also there have been many recalls on toys containing lead paint and our pediatrician is testing almost all of his patients.

An unsuspecting subject.
Still clueless and tipping the scales.
" I got a poke."
(Don't faint Annie)
After such a traumatic day at the Dr. I allowed Jack to have a chocolate chip cookie with his sister in the grocery store.

"At least I got a cookie."

Big sister was there to encourage him the whole time.

This is just a bonus pic. Jack pulled himself all the way up in the bath tub the other night and there I was. Faced with a really cute tooshie. It was too cute not to shoot! The "hiney" is the most important area on a baby if you ask me. It's one of the first parts I check when they are born...forget fingers & toes.

5 comments from cool people:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That toe picture is so cute! I love little feet pictures :)

The Agarwals said...

This is such an awesome post!! Seriously! Don't you just love your camera?! I want to hear the whole story behind it!! Ok, I'll have to let the chocolate chip cookie slide! Hehe! You are so brave. I hesitate to give my boys cookies like that for the shear sugar reaction that follows! How did he hold up?! I also must agree on that little bottom pic! How adorable! In about 20 years (or less) he's going to be so embarrassed! I love it- dimples, rolls and all! What cute little cheeks! That's one priceless moment for sure!

The Whipple Family: said...

Awe... I love all of the pictures. Especially the ones from your new camera!!! You MUST take pictures of Lexi when we are up there. Maybe pictures of all 3 kiddos for Christmas cards! Humm.... Let's work on this idea!

I'm glad that Jack is doing so well! He is such a cutie! I cant wait to snuggle and kiss those kids!!! Tell them that they better watch out. Aunt Pee is coming to town!

Miss Fit said...

He is soo sweet, & I love the baby bottom!

Anonymous said...

tHESE KIDS are so cute! I cannot even stand it. I wish Wedge weighed 26 lbs. He is 22 months and he only weighs about 22lbs. He is allergic to everything. I would have not even been able to reward him with a cookie:( But, Alas, Jack and Caroline are adorable, and I am so jealous of your abilities with a camera!