12 October 2007

Women of Faith

Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Women Of Faith (WOF) conference in San Jose, Ca. I was really looking forward to it since the last one I attended was about 5 years ago. The speakers as I remember were so funny and inspirational and full of advice for daily living as a Christian woman. This year, however was dissapointing. Although the speakers were just as entertaining as I remember I found their messages to be full of personal stories and seriously lacking in application. Almost like listening to them tell their life stories for the fun of it. I thought for sure the music would be awesome since Nicole C Mullen was the musical guest. Unfortunatly she only performed 3 or 4 songs while Sandy Patty sang about a million opera songs. I can only handle about 30 seconds of Sandy Patty before I am ready for some ear plugs. At any rate, I did enjoy the company and the little detour Vanessa and I made to Santa Cruz. All the girls ready to go in the car
Me & Vanessa
The stage from my seat...quite impressive I thought
My new friend Brittany
All ready for bed...before the make-up removal.
Natalie & Theresa


3 comments from cool people:

The Agarwals said...

I'm bummed your conference wasn't as awesome as you were hoping! Next year, you and Rick need to make a trip to Catalyst with us! We'll just have to find someone willing to take care of 5 kids! ha! That shouldn't be tooo difficult- right?!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Sorry it was disappointing - I feel ya with the opra Sandy Patty thing... but good friends make all the difference :)

Anonymous said...

You are sucha pretty girl! And, I definitely agree with you about Sandi Patty! Looks like you had fun, though. I miss ye ole girl time!