08 October 2007

Sushimi Make Me Happy

After Women of Faith on Saturday evening Vanessa and I decided we would head to Santa Cruz for some authenitc sushi. Now, prior to this evening I have always been a "pretend"sushi eater. I ate things that were cooked. Period. Well, at this particular sushi bar they have very few items that were cooked. So, without choice, my horizons were expanded. Thank you, Vanessa. Naka Sushi is run by a husband and wife. Naka is the chef and loved throughout the community. It is little known by tourists but the locals say it's the best.
I think that is tuna in there.
This was the true test. Could I really consume raw slabs of fish?
From the left:
Tuna, Yellow Tail, Toro (the fatty lining near the stomach)
Vanessa showed me the ropes. I am proud to announce that I am a true sushi eater. I ate it all...except the eel.

4 comments from cool people:

The Moffitt Family said...

WOw! Toro is the best... We love sushi and eat it often... Conner even loves sushi and asks to go there a few times a week... Key word is "asks".... There is some good stuff to try as long as you are willing... Love ya guys.

The Whipple Family: said...

You mean you've been lying to me all this time when you said that you have had sushi????

Well I'm glad that you have finally broadened your horizons!

Haha

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha awesome! I remember the first time I tried it... it freaked me out and then I realized that it was actually really good :) Fun :)

The Agarwals said...

WOW! I am so impressed! I've had the cooked sushi version and the non-fish version, but never the full fledged real stuff! How did you handle the slimy texture? I just don't know if I could do it!! By the way, I love the upclose pics of the food- the lighting is awesome!