29 October 2007

Carving Pumpkins

Tonight we began a family tradition of pumpkin carving. In 8 years of marriage I have only carved one or two pumpkins and Rick has carved none. To my surprise, tonight was the first time he has EVER carved one.

Here are our unsuspecting subjects... Pumpkin guts
Here is Rick
He is totally into carving his pumpkin

Time to light our creations
Ta-Da!!!
From the left:

Caroline's happy pumpkin, my weeping willow, and Rick's one toothed cat.

You will notice there are only 3 pumpkins carved. The reason is that our pumpkin knives broke! Both of them! Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't those things used to last for years??? In fact, I think my parents still have the one I used as a kid! I don't know what they are making them out of now but they don't seem to work so well anymore. What is going on????

4 comments from cool people:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

cool pumpkins!

The Agarwals said...

You are quite the artist Heather!! I am so impressed! The boys just painted theirs this morning! Wait till you see them! They are so funny!

The Whipple Family: said...

Very cool! I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

is that a one toothed cat or a one toothed COUGAR...MEOW!