24 November 2007

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving it was my turn to cook. I have not had to do Thanksgiving for about years now. I was a little out of practice. Good thing I had plenty of help! Thanksgiving is always at my parents house but this year they decided to head to southern California to spend it with my sister and her family. In keeping with the tradition we still had Thanksgiving at their house...just without them!
(We sure did miss them!) Nana and Jack sharing a snack
Gill enjoyed his pear from the tree in the back yard.
Uncle Aug, Caroline and Rick

My aunt Sheri was a HUGE help. She made the gravy...which I had no clue how to do.
My Grandma Bel was there too! She helped me to keep a level head and reminded me that she loved me even if it wasn't perfect.The sweetest Grandpa in the whole world.
My husband...AKA TURKEY NINJA
I don't know if you can really see the progression of these pics, but it was really funny
And turkey was perfect!

3 comments from cool people:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

FUN! I love that last picture - and that turkey is good lookin'! :)

The Whipple Family: said...

Looks like it all went well. See... you dont need Mom and Dad there. You handled it well. So I think they should always come here for Thanksgiving!!!

I just have to say that Caroline is looking SO big. I can't believe it.

The Moffitt Family said...

Yummy! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Turkey Day. I love your family photo. Heather, you looks so pretty!