04 November 2007

Swing Set - Phase #1

For Caroline's 4th birthday and Jack's 1st birthday, Nana and Griff bought the kids a swing set for the back yard. Well, after firewood, vacation and some rain it was finally time to put it together. I was sure to pick out the one with a million pieces.
My Dad is one of the most organized people I know...he would rival you, Annie. He took the time to organize all of the wood pieces and the hundreds of bolts and screws so there would be no confusion. Unfortunately, even with all of his hard work there was still difficulty understanding the directions. Sometimes the only difference in a part to the set would be a 1/2 inch difference in hole placement!

I dare say that there was more confusion than just the instructions. My not-so-handy hubby was very confused about the proper tools that needed to be used.
Even with the mustache that DOES NOT contain super-hero power, he was unable to navigate the workings of the ladder...I had to show him.

After 7 long tedious hours they had only managed to complete the tower, the rock wall, ladder and the slide. The continuation will be this Saturday.

2 comments from cool people:

The Whipple Family: said...

Is his mustache here to stay???

The Agarwals said...

Nice organization!! Nice directions! :-) Looks like one serious project! Glad to see it eventually all turned out perfectly! Oh and I want to know about the mustache- seriously, I didn't even recognize him at first!