25 October 2008

Hangin' With the Kids

Oh the kids!!! They are growing so fast and they are sooooo healthy. They were so much fun. They were fascinated by my arm hair and freckles. One of the best parts of going to see our precious kids was getting to meet my sister Hawa. My parent's sponsor Hawa and she knows my mother as "Mama Lilly". So when I saw Hawa I was able to introduce myself as her sister. From then on, she was at my side! She was so precious.

This picture was taken just after our first meeting. She was still pretty shy! One of the kids peeking into the church

Me & Hawa, Shawn & Margaret and Lori + extras
The children at Twin Cities had a fund raiser during VBS. They raised enough money to buy each child at the orphanage a new pair of flip-flops or "slippers" as they like to call them. I love feet so I was inspired by their beautiful feet in their new slippers.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip. These are Hawa's feet.
All of the sponsors sent extra money so the kids could have new wedding clothes made for Joanna's wedding. Hawa was the only one dressed in this beautiful red, which happens to be my favorite color.
Larry and I purchased new hats from Mama's Heart (the widow's ministry). Well, his is a hat and mine is a basket.

0 comments from cool people: