17 August 2007

The Nevada County Fair

Mid August is always one of the highlights of our year. It is a time for corn dogs, tempura, cinamon rolls with icing and nuts, monster trucks, and of course rides. It is the time of year when everyone in Nevada County heads to the fair. We have one of the best fairs I have ever been to (even better than the Peanut Festival in Dothan, AL). Last year was Caroline's first year and she didn't stop talking about it until we went again this year. So off we went into the dust and dirt and abnoxiously loud fair music.

Ready, Set, Go!!!
(Can you guys see through all that DUST??)

Mommy & Jack pose for Daddy
Jack the scarecrow
Daddy and Caroline on the swings
We ran into a few friends while we were there.
One of them was Zoe. The girls are showing off their turtles
they won in a game.

Another good buddy we ran into was Brooke! The girls had a ball riding the flying elephants.

Caroline made a new friend on the car ride.

This is the face she gives me when she is about to tell me how it is.
As you can see, "bossiness" oozes from every part of her being.

(This is a family trait that my Mom says doesn't exsist) Making a new friend on the Little Wheel
Jack giving Brooke some love.
Caroline had a ball on the Gondola with Daddy.
This was such a fun day and boy were we dirty. Rick and I also had a chance to go to the Tuff Truck Races. It was awesome. All but a couple of my pictures didn't turn out and the ones that did were not worth sharing. It was waaaay cool. It brings out your "inner red-neck" which apparently is a good thing to do every once in a while. Something about wheels and doors falling off a vehichle flying over jumps it was not made to go over really makes me happy.

5 comments from cool people:

The Whipple Family: said...

Well that sure brings back childhood memories! Looks like you guys had a great time! Miss you bunches... give the kiddos some kisses!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Looks like awesome fun!!! That food list at the begining had my stomach growling!!! haha!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like a blast. What surprised me the most was how much Caroline looked like Rick in the pictures. I love you guys!

Travis

The Moffitt Family said...

Jack is soooooo BIG. Wow! I can't get over how fast these little guys grow up. Miss you guys!

The Agarwals said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time! I love that pic of Jack with the corn husks (I think that's what that was!) How fun! And, coming from a small town, I agree with that inner redneck coming out! If you can even imagine, there are times when I think I have rubbed off on Rahul in that area- Wait, Rahul a redneck- ok, maybe not so much! Thanks for the update! I was needing a Henderson fix!!